There are a lot of reasons that I love my husband. He's kind, he's patient, he's an amazing father, he's got a great sense of humor and all that jazz. But let me add one more reason to the list of why I will never leave Dave.
He has amazing parking karma.
It's uncanny. I cannot tell you how many times we've arrived at the mall during Christmas shopping madness and Dave will park three spots away from the door. Or how many times we're circling a full parking lot and someone just happens to leave just as Dave approaches. Or how parking spots miraculously open up on the street downtown where spots never open up. Most of the time I laugh. Sometimes I'm speechless. I often think, "how is this possible?" It is the strangest thing ever. After witnessing the magic over eleven years I'm starting to think of it less as parking karma and more as a superpower. It might not be suitable for the Justice League but the man has single-handedly saved me from walking about 30+ miles of parking lot during the course of our marriage.
Dave, you're a keeper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
beautiful, just beautiful....
Have you ever considered renting him out?
Just for close parking-space needs, of course.
I know lots of people (myself included) who would really love a close parking space for the next 30days or so!
knowing dave, i can only imagine how happy he is that you gave him a superpower!
You do realize that you've just jinxed him, right? I mean isn't it always the case that acknowledging your good fortune, results in the karma coming to a complete halt.
Hope not. I'm sending some good Christmas shopping parking karma ju ju your way. ;)
If Dave ever leaves you...come live with me. I have been granted to the gift of parking karma as well.
It's simply wonderful ;-)
That's funny you write that...our joke is about Aris' uncanny ability to hit green lights. Especially in comparison to my uncanny ability to hit red ones!
Not everyone is married to a superhero! You, indeed, are the lucky one!
I do not have that gift and have been in fact known to sweat, turn read, and/or cry when having to parallel park, or park in a tight spot, especially if it involves me turning my wheels to the right.
sigh.
he's got a good gift.
Brilliant idea, Heidi. Rent-A-Dave. He's also good at roasting turkeys - that could be a side bonus.
Diane - Dave pointed out that I did not bestow upon him a superpower. I only acknowledged the superpower that he already possesses. He'd much rather be able to shoot lasers out of his eyes and hands but life isn't fair.
Dionne - I feared that very thing when typing my blog! Luckily, Dave and I went to the grocery store last night and even though it was completely packed we parked two spaces from the door. I breathed a sigh of relief.
Edie,
I tagged you on my blog! Get writin', friend!
Edie- check your facebook...I left you a message......
and btw---I am reading Jayber Crowe too :-)
Post a Comment