Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Favorites

I shared with you the Wheel of Fortune addiction. Since I'm in a sharing mood, let me share a few more of my recent favorites.



I can't get enough of this album. It's mellow and soulful and her songs leave me with a lump in my throat. And somehow it's the perfect album for the lazy days of summer. Lucy is beginning to be a fan and that's a very good thing. Oh, and I'm usually way behind the times so if this album is wildly popular and I sound like the kid who discovered Nirvana in 1995, indulge me.



Kettle Chips. Yogurt and Green Onion flavor, to be exact. These chips are fantastic. Granted, they give you the breath of death but it's so worth it. They've been on sale for the last two weeks at my local grocery store and I'm grateful they will no longer be on sale tomorrow. I may be coming clean but there's no way I'll tell you how many of these chips I've consumed over the past couple weeks. I will say that I will no longer miss hearing Dave lament, "Did you finish off another bag, AGAIN?" (And for the record, Dave, I much prefer, "Have you seen the Kettle Chips?" We both know I lost all self-control and stuffed my face but the latter sounds much more optimistic).

Get yourself some Kettle chips, a frosty beverage, download some Lizz Wright and enjoy a summer evening. You can thank me later.

4 comments:

Diane Davis said...

I've never heard of Lizz Wright so I'll check that out! I totally agree on that flavor of Kettle Chips. They are super yummy and worth the Darth Vadar breath.

Dionne Sincire said...

Edie, I too have never heard of the album. I'm going to do an iTunes search today. Can you suggest one of your fav songs on the album.

Never tried this particular flavor of Kettle Chips. Will look into it and get back to you. ;)

Favorite music and favorite foods, I can't think of a better favorites combination!

edie said...

Gladly! Some of my faves are Hey Mann, Leave Me Standing Alone, and Thank You. But you'll want the whole album, Dionne, trust me on this. : )

Diane Davis said...

I bought this CD yesterday and I agree. Amazing. It was in the Jazz section but it is just so SOULFUL. Love it. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and so far I think I love Hey Mann the most. But I agree, the whole CD is sounding fabulous. Thanks for the recommendation. Keep em coming.